21 Questions with Ms. Jameson

Ella Wurster and Lily Becker

Ms. Jameson pictured with soon-to-be husband, Mr. Saxton

Ms. Brooke Jameson is well known at Brookfield East High School. Whether she’s teaching AP Psychology, coaching the girls cross country team, or listening to Taylor Swift, you can be sure she’s excited about being in Brookfield. To get to know her more, we conducted an interview with her and asked her 21 questions about her background, career, and interests.  

During our conversation,  Ms. Jameson shared with us her journey to becoming a teacher. Growing up in Green Bay, ironically across town from Mr. Saxton, she says that her inspiration for becoming a teacher stemmed from her dad, an influential role model in her life. “I grew up with my dad as a teacher, and I loved going with him to class when I was a lot younger,” she says, “Then, I had some really awesome teachers in sixth grade who really kind of solidified it for me.” 

Ms. Jameson’s passion for teaching eventually brought her to Brookfield East. Beforehand, she taught in New York, after graduating from University of Milwaukee. When asked which city she preferred, she had a hard time deciding, “because they’re both so different.” But, ultimately she admitted, “I prefer it here, the community here is just awesome, and the kids are great. Also, the administration we have here [is] just so kind and so nice.” 

Inside the classroom, Ms. Jameson is always looking out for her students. She expresses that her biggest pet peeve is when students talk when she is talking and to get on her good side, make sure to solve a problem on your own without asking for help. “I think technology means we want the answer so easily, so I do like it when kids have discipline,” Ms. Jameson says. 

During the interview, we also asked Ms. Jameson questions about her coming wedding with Mr. Saxton to ease everyone’s anticipation. The wedding she said will be on June 30, 2023, up in Green Bay, near where they grew up. 

To close out, Ms. Jameson left us with some advice for students figuring out their futures. “Pick a career you’re going to enjoy,” she says, “I know it’s kind of a cliche but you’ll figure out the finances. Just do it while you can.”