By The Students Of Brookfield East High School

The Spartan Banner

The Spartan Banner

The Spartan Banner

The Great Escape of the BEHS Parking Lot

Here at BEHS, our students are some of the world’s brightest minds. It’s only natural that once the school day concludes, students here are eagerly motivated to pursue their next endeavors. I believe that this insatiable thirst for solving world problems causes what I like to call The Great Escape.

While the rest of the world is indifferent, for us, the clock striking 3:09 holds great significance. What was once a haven of scholars striding toward academic and human excellence transforms into a horde of teenagers dedicated to a new mission. Escape.  In examining the nuances of the BEHS parking lot, I have found the single best parking space in the school.

First, let us meticulously assess the advantages and trade-offs of each parking lot.

White Lot, located near the service drive, boasts the most exit routes compared to the other parking lots. Drivers can choose to navigate around the building to reach the Red or Navy Lots and zip out onto Lily Road or take advantage of the back exit leading to Burleigh. 

Next is Red Lot, next to the tennis courts, which has a host of issues. Recent safety measures restricting access to the fieldhouse doors make it inaccessible, and the single exit quickly jams in the after-school stampede. However, despite these obstacles, the Red Lot remains a tempting choice for those who arrive in an untimely fashion, with its many available parking spaces.

Finally, Navy Lot, by the soccer fields. With its large spaces and streamlined access to the main escape routes, this lot is the epitome of efficiency. Plus, with many classrooms centrally located near the Excellence Center, its location is the most readily accessible. 

Based on this comprehensive meta-analysis, it’s evident that the Navy Lot reigns supreme. Yet, one question remains: which spot holds the coveted title of the ultimate parking space?

Picture this: speed, strategy, perfection—all rolled into one. Situated at the forefront of every row, outward facing and close to the exit, this spot guarantees a swift departure, waiting for nobody. Spot 4 deserves nothing short of a standing ovation. To the one lucky driver who can claim it each morning, you get the joy of the best parking space in Brookfield East High School.

As we wrap up, I offer a few nuggets of wisdom regarding parking lot etiquette:

1. Alternate and take turns with fellow drivers.
  2. Drive slowly.
  3. Stay vigilant and always keep your eyes on the road.
  4. Park within the lines.
  5. Carpool to cut emissions!