By The Students Of Brookfield East High School

The Spartan Banner

The Spartan Banner

The Spartan Banner

Incoming Freshmen Look Forward

The 2023-2024 school year is approaching fast. As the class of 2027 enters high school, Spartan Banner asks them what they are looking forward to. While there are plenty of common expectations (such as harder classes), let’s see what this year’s freshmen have to say. 

What Are Freshmen Looking Forward To?

A survey conducted by Spartan Banner found that most students look forward to being in a new environment. Just over 77% of freshmen said they’re looking forward to hanging out with old friends and making new ones. And over 66% said they’re looking forward to the flexibility that comes with high school as well. 

Classes and Clubs:

Countless students are excited to take new classes. Some classes mentioned include biology, history, astronomy, and physics. A large portion of incoming freshmen also said they’re interested in art classes; such as art metals, ceramics, and painting. 

For clubs, freshmen mentioned their excitement for clubs like Student Council, Drama Club, Culture Club, Community Art Club, PRISM, and Spartan Banner (As they should be!). NHS was also mentioned. However, that is something to look forward to as students must be in their junior year to join. Keep in mind that our Spartan Club Fair will be taking place on September 22nd during all lunches; A great opportunity to sign up for clubs you’re interested in. 

Regardless, incoming freshmen have many incredible experiences to look forward to. But of course, don’t forget to have an open mindset, take advantage of new opportunities, and enjoy the journey!